Thames Water is predicting that within the next 25 years, there will be considerable difficulties concerning the adequate supply of water to its customers. In line with the water industry’s approach in resolving this issue, Thames Water is implementing measures to develop new resources, whilst reducing the demand for water.
This project examined the requirement for a new major water resource development in the Upper Thames catchment area. Cascade Consulting was appointed by Thames Water to:
- Deliver comprehensive management of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Prepare the ‘water resource needs case’ to include integration of the reservoir alternative sites work
- Provide technical expertise and contribution to the EIA process, including hydrological, hydro-geomorphological, water quality, ecological and hydro-geological assessments (including modelling and monitoring)
- Supply technical assistance in determining the optimum reservoir operating regime
- Enable support for planning and consultation, engaging the planning and regulatory authorities, in addition to further interested parties.